Episode 2: Deadpool 2, a GDPR retro and new Instagram features
So, here it is! The second episode of The Clever Content Podcast from the team here at Content OD. This is your chance to listen to us pick out and pull apart some of the content and content-related news that’s taken our fancy over the last couple of weeks.
In episode 2, Iain and Chantal start by looking at the marketing campaign around the Hollywood blockbuster, Deadpool 2. It’s a campaign that does things a little differently and has captured people’s attention, even if it’s not to everyone’s liking. The question is: what do we think?
We then take a left turn to cover social media and online bullying, including what the government and social media companies are doing about it. With new platforms available to help teach social media to children, could the solution be a more open-minded, collaborative approach?
Next we reflect on the recent splurge of GDPR-related emails that we have been receiving (and sending, no doubt). Which emails hit the mark? Was it better to play it straight or was a more informal tone of voice the way to go? We go through a few examples to see what’s what.
Finally, Instagram has recently announced some new features that are coming your way, including AR filters and video chat. How might brands take advantage with their content? And is Instagram on the verge of feature bloat? We think out loud and have our say to finish off the show.
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the articles, videos and topics that we talk about on the show.
- Bizarre Deadpool 2 marketing drive fondles everything from David Beckham to unicorns | The Drum
- Deadpool 2: is this the most annoying marketing campaign ever? | The Guardian
- Deadpool 2 | With Apologies to David Beckham | YouTube
- Facebook and YouTube labelled 'high' risk for sex, violence and suicide by the NSPCC | The Drum
- New internet laws pledged as social media firms snub talks | BBC News
- 'I was bullied from a very young age' | BBC News
- Craig David, Greggs, Santa and more: The funniest GDPR emails | BT
- GDPR: 15 (good & bad) examples of repermissioning emails & campaigns | Econsultancy
- From Video Chat to Bully Filters, Instagram Gains Long List of New Tools | Digital Trends
Did we miss something in this list that took your fancy when you were listening? Just get in touch and let us know.
Subscribe to the show!
Give us your feedback
We’d love you to know what you think about the show. If you have any feedback for us or if you think there is a topic that we should cover, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get on it right away.